Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tails

Last week, Geoff and I sent in an application for a puppy we saw a video of on Craig's List. He was taken out of a shelter in rural Kern County, and was being fostered by a woman working for the "Southland Sheltie Rescue Group". The puppy was weird looking--unlike any dog we've ever seen. He was tan and white and scruffy all over, with wavy fur and the hugest ears. He looked like OUR dog. So, we sent in an application. Soon after, I went through the phone interview, and later the home check. In about a week's time, we'd adopted a 10 pound fox-like puppy, and everything seemed just how it should be.


His name is "Tails" and he is a 5 month old Sheltie x Papillon mix (supposedly).
We decided to name him Tails because he looks so much like a little fox, and jumps so high, he can almost fly. You will recall we once owned a little hedgehog named "Sonic". Well, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the old Sega Genesis game "Sonic the Hedgehog", Sonic, the main character, had a trusty sidekick who was a fox with two tails, named appropriately, "Tails". This character could fly by rapidly whipping his tails around like a helicopter, and is the inspiration for the name we chose.


He is a typical puppy--running and playing like crazy, and then crashing in a heap of sleepy fur. He doesn't know much about walking on a leash yet, and repeatedly trips us on our otherwise peaceful strolls down the street. The vet says he probably won't get any more than 15 pounds at the most. It's kind of funny to have such a small creature running around, as Geoff and I have always loved big dogs. But, Tails is perfect for our lifestyle and our living situation. (We can basically exercise him in the apartment! Haha.)

He is also, as you can see, a great partner and inspiration for my "working from home" time! I am working on my next book, and also working on self-publishing "The Gift". I'm not going to post a ton of details on here, but you can email me if you want details about my plans. Hopefully, by next month, (cross your fingers!) I'll be publishing around 1,000 copies of my book and selling them from my website and from my home. Details are slowly unfolding, and I will keep you all up to date! I'm super excited!

Goodnight for now. It's time to put our sleepy puppy to bed. Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment