Thursday, July 8, 2010

New Apartment!

Hello family!

I know it's been a long time since I've been able to update, but luckily I've been able to keep in contact with most of you via Email. Geoff and I have just moved into our new place in Long Beach! It's been a lot of work with just the two of us, and we are still surrounded by boxes, but it's coming along, and we are SO happy to have a place of our own. We will truly miss Bryce a LOT, but I am glad we have a nice quiet place to live anyway. We are only 3 blocks from the ocean too! It's much cooler here than in Redlands, so Geoff is loving that.

We made the move with the big van and everything on Tuesday. I was throwing up the whole morning, between carrying boxes out to the truck, so Geoff unfortunately had to do most of the loading work that morning. Figures I'd reach the peak of my sickness on THAT day I needed strength and health. Murphy's Law, right? Anyway, we managed. I was healthy enough by the time we got to the apartment to help unload all the stuff... We are still sore from it though! It's crazy how much stuff we've acquired over the years.

Long Beach is a super cute place... I love the area we're in. We are right by the Aquarium and nice restaurants, but also by a strip of a ton of thrift stores and locally run coffee shops. It reminds me a lot of Northampton sometimes... but beachy-er. Everyone has dogs and cats so there is a dog park nearby, and lots of people walking out on the sidewalks. The people in our building seem super friendly--they all introduce themselves, and some even helped us move the heavier items (thank goodness!).

Anyway, that's all for now. Geoff and I have unpacking to do, and are going to walk down the street to the doggy day care center to see if they are hiring. I would really love to work with animals if I could. :) We love it here!

Talk to you later!
Much love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment