Monday, March 23, 2009

Sad.

My beautiful puppy Yo-Yo, my favorite at the shelter, the one I would spoil and play with whenever possible, did not get adopted this Saturday like I'd hoped.

And so, today, she got very sick, and as it goes with sick dogs at animal control, she was put down.

My compassionate volunteer coordinator, Dreena, was kind enough to send me a sympathy email, letting me know about yo-yo. She let me know that the "nurse" Sona, held her very gently in her arms as she peacefully fell asleep for the last time... so she wasn't alone, and she left in a loving atmosphere.

She was a wonderful dog. She was only a few months old and she could sit, come, would play, and crawl in your lap to snuggle and get a belly rub. I would have taken her home if I could have.

Needless to say, most of today was sad for me.


On a brighter note, my wonderful housemate Laura took me out to Niko Niko Sushi (a local sushi place,) for an early birthday dinner. We got the Crunchy Spider Roll and the Sapporo Roll, (which was new for both of us,) and it was delicious. We had a lovely chat, and now I am home. Time to get back to work...

Oh, by the way. My childrens book is coming out pretty nice. I'm happy with it. I've done 8 out of 16 of the illustrations, so I still have my work cut out for me, but luckily it is our last Typography project of the semester, so I have a few weeks to work on it.

1 comment:

  1. this post me me sad for the poor pup :( Glad you enjoyed the dinner. C u in the hood. xoxo

    ReplyDelete