I was worried about passing my eye test when I renewed my license next week, and as you can imagine, became considerably nervous as I attempted to read road signs far away as I rode with Geoff. So, with TONS of Linda's help, I managed to find a really lovely Optometrist/Opthomologist in Redlands to get contacts and an eye exam. Yesterday was my appointment... it all went very fast... but to put things shortly, I've ordered a year's supply, my doctor's name is Dr. Ledesma, and he is very nice. He talks really fast, and sounds like he knows a lot, but isn't annoying about it. He said that I probably would have barely passed the eye exam without contacts, but that it was good I was getting them now. Also, they give me free saline solution any time I want, so I don't have to keep buying it!
To be honest, even though I have to wake up 20 minutes earlier than I used to now in order to get my contacts in on time in the morning, it's totally worth it. I see SO much more detail at a distance that I haven't seen before... Let me tell you. The mountains here are gorgeous! Even on our smoggy days! :) I feel way more confident about reading things far away, and won't ever have trouble reading power points during lectures if I'm seated at the back of the room. Happy day. Thank you Dad and Linda! :) ...AND now I don't have to search for my glasses to wear and look silly for my California license photo! Hehehe. yay. Life's small pleasures, right?
In other news, Geoff is taking an EMT refresher course and interviewing for a job as an
EMT this summer this weekend in L.A., so I will be alone for most of this weekend. :( At least I will get lots of work done I guess....
OH! Goodness, I forgot to mention! My dear friend Albert, who is a fellow photographer, who worked with me at the Bulldog Weekly my Freshman year.. has had a child. Which, I know, is terrifying to me too, but .. I guess I just had to say it! Albert has a baby. It's really a trip for me and Megan--we can't believe it. Considering we had no idea if this was his plan or not, and I didn't even know he was seriously dating someone! Anyway, that was a shocker. His baby shower is this weekend, but I'm afraid I probably won't be able to attend, since Geoff will be taking the car into L.A. all weekend... Gosh. Anyway, don't worry family, I'm not having babies. But congratulations to Albert all the same. My friend is a daddy. (whoa.)
Also, for my Typography class, I am going to be writing, illustrating, designing, printing, and binding my own children's book! I have to admit, I am intimidated but still excited at the same time about this. It will be featuring a character called ________ the hedgehog, (he has yet to be named,) and concerns the subject of Colors. So, it's a REALLY little kid's book I guess. But I have to make 13 copies, so Mom & David will get one, Dad & Linda will get one, I will keep a few for my portfolio, and maybe I will give Albert one to read to his baby. :D I hope it turns out looking pretty good.
Hmm, that's all I can think of for now!
Oh, wait, I'll put up a picture of my favorite puppy at the Animal Control Center!! I played with her for about an hour last saturday... hopefully she's adopted by now. Her name is Yo-yo. Isn't she precious?? She can sit, walk on a leash, plays fetch, and crawls into your lap to cuddle when you sit on the ground. And she's only about 4 months old!! I would take that dog home in a second! We think she is a yellow lab / pit bull mix. Really a beautiful girl. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment