Thursday, March 12, 2009

A New Semester Already??

Well, yesterday, I registered for Fall 2009 classes.
Oh my god, right?
FALL OF MY SENIOR YEAR.
Goodness, time flies. I've got almost one year left before I have to start playing "grown-up" for real... scary thought.

Anyway, I'm super bummed because I didn't get into the Ceramics class I wanted to take. They changed the times of the class a few hours before I registered, and it ended up conflicting with another course I had to take, so that was sad. Hopefully I will be able to take it in the spring. However, you must be curious about what classes I DID end up getting into!

I'm happy to announce that this is the first semester since I've been at college that I'm actually NOT on any waiting lists for classes! I got all the ones I needed. :) 

So, this coming fall, I will be taking the following:

1) Advanced Design Workshop - this is the last design course I need to take in order to graduate with my major besides my senior project class which will take place in the spring.

2) Chinese/Japanese Calligraphy - Just a fun elective, in place of my Ceramics class...

3) Whodunnit! A Course in Forensic Science - For my (M1) LAF. (Which is a science with a lab.) Should be interesting, and it takes care of that requirement so... yay.

4) American National Government and Politics - UGH. I know. It's awful. But I have to take it or it's Economics for me. Blehhhh. At least I'm avoiding the math-y stuff. I have to suck it up and deal with politics for a semester for my SE (social economics, I think) LAF.

After the Fall semester, I'll only have one more LAF to complete, and one more major credit, which is my senior project. Other than registering, I've just been the usual boring and busy and stressed and all that good stuff. Pleh. Anyway, I'll update if I think of anything else to tell you.

Love you all, and I hope everyone is doing alright.
My love especially goes out to those dealing with recent tragedies involving friends/loved ones.

Take care!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you had a class that's actually called "Whodunnit"
    Fantastic!! And I cannot believe we are seniors either. Insane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, I know! It made me laugh too.
    Hopefully I won't fail at Forensic Science... I need that credit to graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new blog, Chelsea!
    You won't fail at Forensic Science... you are very, very sneaky and that should count for something (oooh.. do I hear Geoff laughing his head off right now?)
    I am really proud of you, Chelsea. You have done an amazing job at Redlands. I'll share with you the quotation that has kept me sane the past 6 months: "Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding exactly as it should." (Max Ehrmann)
    Keep breathing and enjoy your remaining college time. I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! Your schedual sounds grand :] [with the exception of that stinker substitute for economics D:] you will have such fun i know it!

    and also: SENIOR YEAR WTF?!

    ReplyDelete