November the 7th, to be exact. (This is what we've decided anyway.)
Last year, I took Geoff on a glider plane ride in Hemet. Remember?
This year, our dear friend Robyn gave us the keys to her beach house on the water in Newport Beach so we would have a place to stay over the weekend instead of paying for a hotel. (Awesome!) It's the same beach house I lived in the first summer I was out here, and the one we throw parties in with Robyn and friends every so often, so we were quite familiar with the area already. We spent the day lazing around the house, watching movies over the open balcony overlooking the sea, and just enjoying our time off. In the evening, we went to the Melting Pot, which is a very cool looking fondue place. (We'd never had fondue before, so this was a totally new experience for the both of us.) The food was FABULOUS, and was well worth the large hole the bill ate in our bank accounts. It was a very dark, intimate place, (perfect for a special occasion,) and they even gave us complementary champagne and strawberries to celebrate our anniversary. It took about 2 and a half hours for us to finish eating all the food in the 4 course meal. Definitely one of the coolest eating experiences I've had.
Afterwards, we headed home to digest for a few hours, watched a movie, had some of our own champagne, and went to sleep.
This past Saturday, Geoff and I competed in the Redlands Diamond Dash, which is a fundraiser game in Redlands for Diabetes. Couples, or teams of 2 enter to play a sort of treasure hunt game around town, and compete to win a $15,000 Tacori Diamond ring. If you aren't familiar with the Tacori line, I highly suggest you check out their website. They are among my favorite brands, (all hand-made pieces,) and make just the most gorgeous rings (their bands, especially). Anyway, there were tons of people there. How it works, is we all meet at one place to begin, and then we get a text to our cell phone giving us clues about a location in town, and then we ride our bikes (or scooters, or run, or whatever as long as it doesn't have a motor,) to that location, where we receive a trivia question about that location. There is some sort of complicated point system depending on how many questions we get right and wrong, but all in all, it's a lot of running back and forth, and searching for the answers to clues! It was a ton of fun, but needless to say, we did not win the ring. Oh well. It was great exercise.
This week I have faculty critiques, which is where all the senior art students, and all the art faculty dress up and gather together in the Peppers Art Gallery, and critique your work. I've heard it's pretty terrifying, and I'm totally afraid of my work getting torn apart, but we'll see how it goes... I still don't even know what works I'm going to be presenting to them... ahhh!! :(
I've been doing Wardrobe Crew for the play this fall over the past week, so I've been extremely busy every night, and not getting home to start homework until 11pm. So, I'm quite grateful it ended yesterday, even though it's been a lot of fun, and I really loved the cast. (The play was Macbeth by the way, so we had a lot of quick changes, and a lot of blood to clean off costumes every night.) Nick and Robyn, two of my very close friends played the leads! (Macbeth and Lady Macbeth!)
I am so glad that next week we have Thanksgiving Break! (We REALLY need a break...)
Our last day of classes is Tuesday, and then we have the next few days off until Monday. Geoff and I are driving up to Lake Tahoe to stay in his parents' condo in Truckee for the break to have our own Thanksgiving together. We bought some nice tasty red wines, and will be making a mini-sized two-person Thanksgiving dinner up there, which I am very excited for. I can't wait to just get out of Redlands and relax for a while... Also, it will be our first Thanksgiving where we have to cook, so that in itself is also rather exciting... I've got the stuffing and mashed potatoes covered.. (you do just mash them, right?) but the turkey will be an interesting feat. We'll have to see how that works out. I'll be sure to take some photos.
Ciao for now!
Oh, and be sure to tell me what you want for Christmas!!! I expect emails!
No comments:
Post a Comment