Monday, July 6, 2009

Work, work, work.

Well, life is slowly starting to come back down to a neutral level for us out here...
I've been getting more and more hours for work, so I'm glad to have that money coming. I did 30 hours last week, and am scheduled for 31 more, this week! Geoff has been doing a lot of EMT work on almost every weekend lately, so that is good that he is getting work also. He seems to enjoy it... most of it is pretty low-key stuff like hip hop concerts, dirtbike races and car shows, but all his EMT co-workers seem very nice, and I think he has lots of fun being there.

Honestly, the summer has been an "eat, work, sleep, repeat" routine so far for us.. We both usually have Sunday off, but we're still pretty broke, so we usually can't go anywhere. Yesterday we washed the car and had a barbeque afterwards with Bryce (our housemate,) and Mike (Geoff's younger brother), so that was good fun. None of us (except Mike) got to do anything fun for the 4th, since all 3 of us were working until the evening, so we kind of made up for it on Sunday. Geoff and I did get to watch a few of the fireworks from the street on our way home, since they were happening everywhere in Redlands, but we didn't get to do much celebrating.

We'll probably begin to do our packing this week, as the 15th (our move-in date,) is getting closer and closer! However, I've been trying to avoid thinking about putting stuff back in boxes right now. ...maybe tomorrow it will begin. :)

I guess that's all for now!
I'm sending all my love to all of you on the East Coast! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment