Wednesday, July 1, 2009

BevMo

So, the job is going well.

Yesterday, I got trained to use the cash register.
It's probably the most scary thing I have to do. Honestly, everyone is so nice and helpful, and keeps telling me not to be intimidated by it, and that I will soon get the hang of it, but it is still something to adjust to. I like to think I'm a pretty quick learner, so I'm not too worried about picking it up. I definitely started getting into a flow, and by the end of my 5 hour day, I was able to check people out by myself. :)

However, I still much prefer being on the floor, answer questions, and facing bottles. I do enjoy organizing. Also, it helps me when I face bottles and put new cases on the shelves and such, because as I do it, I learn where everything is, and so I can better help people locate different items. I also secretly really enjoy unlocking the glass cases and getting people the fancy liquors from the cabinets. They're all so pretty!

This week, my hours are from 5-10 most days, but I just got a call asking if I would come in today at 1, (which is in 35 minutes,) so I guess I'm doing an afternoon shift instead today!

We signed the agreement on our new place last week, a two story townhome in Redlands. It's very lovely, and I can't wait to move in. Our move-in date is July 15th, so I will have more to update next week as we get everything packed up. And I'll definitely take lots of photos so you all can see our new home.

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment