AT LAST, I am on Spring Break.
Geoff and I drove up to the bay area on Friday after my community service, and stayed at his parents' house overnight. The next morning, we borrowed the Denali, and drove up to Lake Tahoe to the Lueckers' condo. We'll be here until Friday, visiting the snow.
Oh, I don't think I told you guys about my community service. In order to graduate, we have to do a certain number of hours of community service, and my Compassion class requires me to do that LAF this semester, so I'm volunteering at the San Bernardino Animal Control Center. It's a lot of fun--I signed up for doing 3 months of work there, 2 hours a week. I hope to continue it even after my hours are filled, maybe working in adoptions. My job now, is to walk certain dogs in one of the kennels and socialize them so they can be adopted. I love taking the playful ones out to the outdoor playpen and running around with them. Great exercise for both of us. I'm not allowed in the puppy house yet, but I still visit them and fall in love with the pitbull mixes, because they are the most adorable little things I've ever seen. It's so hard not to bring them all home. I really enjoy helping the dogs get adopted, since the majority of them will get put down after getting sick or being deemed "unadoptable". I really do feel like I'm helping make a difference in their lives.
Anyway, back to my vacation.
I have a lot of homework to do, but I'm still enjoying myself. There's lots of snow, but it's fairly warm, so the snow that's coming down is sort of more like a "wintery mix". Tomorrow, if it's not raining, Geoff is going to teach me to snowboard. :) For now, we're relaxing with movies, and staying warm in the hot tubs nearby. I finished Mom and David's logo for their new company they're starting, "Frog and Fox Theatre" yesterday. It looks pretty good, and they really like it, so I'm real excited for them. I hope everything else from here on goes well!
Hopefully I will make a snowman before we leave. :D
Oh! My birthday is in like... a month! Ahh! I'm super excited.
Well, not that excited anymore.
I got a little too excited before, and started planning for my celebration on the day of my birthday, since it is conveniently on a Saturday. However, it turns out Megan and Robyn will be gone on my birthday... probably some Beta Lambda thing.. So I don't know really what we'll do.. I know Geoff will take me out to dinner which will be great--he always makes me feel better. But otherwise, it looks like my actual birthday won't be as epic as I'd hoped.
Oh well.
That's all I guess.
I hope everyone is well. I love you all.
YAY 21 so soon! Tomorrow for me, and two days for you, is OUR BIRTHDAY FRATERNAL TWIN! YAY! We're so old :) Have fun in Tahoe!!
ReplyDelete