Picked up boats and cars 50 feet in the air, they say.
[The very day after I finished telling Geoff "as a matter of fact" that there were no tornadoes in Southern California. Seems I've jinxed us all! Karma has certainly shown me not to be so sure of the weather.]
It's been raining and thunderstorming here since Sunday, and is expected to carry on at least through Friday... Bleh. You know me - I tend to avoid falling water at all costs, so you can imagine how yucky it's been dealing with this weather! We've had floods and mudslides, high winds and falling debris. The coastal cities are feeling the worst of it, but it's still pretty nasty down here too.
I'm trying to stay indoors as much as I can, but I feel really bad for our poor little Bonsai tree who is starting to wilt because she misses the sun so much. Geoff got me this Bonsai Tea Tree on our way back down to SoCal so I would have something to take care of while he was in class this semester... we still can't afford a pet, so the Bonsai tree will have to do.
My classes are going well so far. I'm really relaxed, and barely have times where I'm actually in a classroom. It's a huge change from last semester, but I am trying to keep on schedule for my senior project. I also get to work more hours in the costume shop and at BevMo which is nice. I'm putting practically all the money I make this semester into Geoff and my savings account. It was originally set up as our "Puppy Fund" so that we could try again with a dog, but it's looking like we're going to need a really large reserve of money to get our lives started this summer when we move into L.A. New things we never thought we'd have to pay for are starting to present themselves, and we're slowly realizing how hard real life is going to be. Although we're definitely moving into a building that is dog-friendly, we may not be able to afford one of our own for a while yet, what with paying for the rest of life. I'm definitely not looking forward to paying for Health Insurance and paying off my student loans! Yikes.
I've been cooking though, which has been fun. Since I have more time in the evenings, I can actually set things up and make yummy meals. I made this bacon bowtie pasta the other night that turned out fantastic! It's a recipe from a restaurant in Lake Tahoe that Geoff and I really enjoy. I'm finding that cooking can get a little pricey too though, what with having to run out and buy all those ingredients all the time. Grandma is sending me her recipe for oven-cooked macaroni which I LOVE, so I'm super excited to try to cook that for Geoff and me.
Other than that, I've just been hiding from the rain and struggling to keep up with the massive amounts of reading for my Environmental Non-Fiction class. (We were supposed to read this 625 pg book on Island Biogeography in a week, and my book I ordered arrived yesterday... haha. I am on page 80.)
Anyway, I must go back to reading. My class starts at 6pm, so I've got another 4 and a half hours to read. Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment