Sunday, Geoff and I went to Redondo Beach with his parents, and two of his younger brothers. It was a beautiful place, but it was rather windy that particular day, so I was pretty chilly most of the time. But of course, because I was thinking about being chilly, and not feeling the intense heat of the sun, I put on ZERO sunscreen. We were there for a few hours, so needless to say, I came home looking like a lobster. ...or I guess more like a Red Panda, as I seem to have these red and white stripes all over me.

Aloe Vera has become my new best friend for the next couple of days, and while you can't see from that photo that I am burned... you will just have to take my word for it. It's mostly my back.. and the worst of it is on my butt. Which, let me tell you, is the most horrible thing to burn badly. I apologize if this is too much information for you all, but let's just say I am discovering whole new levels of pain when sitting, sleeping, and bending over. Squatting is just completely out of the question. Thank you aloe and advil.
In other news, I have a couple days off this week, so Geoff and I may go camping again in the mountains, or perhaps in the desert where we can get some more climbing in, if my body heals in time. Let's hope so!
No comments:
Post a Comment