So, after sort of avoiding the place for a while, I've finally suckered myself into going to visit Las Vegas.
I've kind of always stayed away since the only thing appealing about it from afar, to me, is the shiny lights and the shows I can't afford to see. It looks expensive and I have no desire to gamble, so what's the point in going, right?
Well. Things may change.

I was thinking about what to do for Geoff's birthday next week, (the 23rd,) and as much as I wanted to take him to the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in downtown L.A. to eat at the rotating restaurant on the roof, I could only afford to pay for either the hotel,
OR the meal. But not both. (Turns out, they end up being around the same price.) So, upon researching other rotating bars/restaurants, I came across the Stratosphere in Vegas which has both a rotating restaurant (called Top of the World Restaurant) and a rotating lounge (the "Romance Lounge"). The lounge and restaurant sit atop the Stratosphere, over 800 feet above Las Vegas with all glass around it for a panoramic view that should be simply stunning.
A little more research, and I happened to find a fantastic deal on a hotel room actually in the hotel of the Stratosphere (which is located in the middle of the strip too, so it's walking
distance from everything.) I paid like, a total of $73 for a room for 2 nights. That includes taxes. Impressive, no? Also it gives us free access to the top of the Stratosphere which has like, rides where they dangle you over the top of the building and stuff... Looks pretty intense. Anyway, that gives us some money to buy food and drinks while we are there. We can't afford going to see any shows, but I'm sure we'll be entertained by just walking the strip and seeing all the lights and such.

We do have one plan... or I do, at least. I want to take Geoff to a bar called "Minus5" which is a vodka bar made entirely of ice. The walls, chairs, bar, shotglasses, ceiling, everything is carved out of ice. You are only allowed in there for about 30 minutes due to regulations, and may not have more than 3 drinks. I'm sure we'll only have one drink though, since it's like $30 for one drink and the tour. They issue you big furry jackets and hats and boots and mittens though so you won't get cold while you're visiting. Sounds like fun to me! They don't let you take cameras in, but if the photo they take isn't too expensive, maybe we'll purchase it and I'll post it on this blog for you guys.
My friend Robyn is letting me borrow her fabulous Vegas dress which is ruffly and orange/red (very cute) so I'll definitely be taking lots of photos.
Unrelated to Vegas, I finished my last Final today for Compassion, and so I am officially done with my Spring Semester. After Mayterm (which is only like 3 weeks long anyways,) I will be a senior! yikes. Oh, did I tell you I start Bartending school on May 4th? That's like in... 2 weeks? 2 and a half? Anyway. I'm excited for that also. I think that's all for now. I'm going to go have a snack and do more lazing about while I still can. Ciao!
I wonder what the statistical correlation is between college degrees and bartending? If I run a test of independence on college students and bartenders will it be statistically significant?
ReplyDeleteLove,
Dad
You've been taking too many Stat classes, Dad.
ReplyDeleteBut if you're interested in statistics...
Did you know that 1 in 8 couples that married last year met online?
...and that if Myspace were a country, it would be the 5th largest in the world?
You should really see that video I posted on another entry not too long ago if you haven't already. :)